The one-odd month of 6th sem..

6th sem started somewhere in feb, and we're done with an internal..courtesy our time-table, not to mention the awesomeness of the person who came up with it, I feel like I've spent all my time in college since coll reopened. Life has been frustrating and fun alternately. The good part is it hasn't been boring.
Books read of late:
1.Kiterunner(Khaled Hosseini)-can't find another piece of fiction so brilliantly written. Godfather comes second to this, though the two books aren't related in any way. I know you don't compare things which have nothing in common, but anyways..(actually, acc to me, you can find similarities even in things extremely dissimilar, if you have a keen eye. Go figure)
2.Straight from the gut(Jack Welch)- I can't rate this, as I skipped thru half the pages in the book. The parts I read, I liked. Rather, I should say, the parts I liked, I read.
3.Like the flowing river(Paulo Coelho)-a collection of stories that you have in all probability read before. There are better ways to torture yourself, and if I may exaggerate, commit suicide.
4.Two states(Chetan Bhagat)- I take the complete blame of reading this book. Though I very well knew how Chetan Bhagat writes-his worst book being 3 mistakes-I read it. It was not torture, nor did it add value to my life..
5.The Goal(Eliyahu.M.Goldratt)-a book which made me think.. now, not many books can get you thinking..with the bottleneck theory etc..

P.S:Do feel free to suggest books you've liked, though I'd like to add, I'd prefer it if you don't suggest fiction(unless it is of Kiterunner's standards or the like). Hoping to see some good recommendations!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gyaan about life in DSP class..

Of Phoenix Tears and Unicorn Blood..

The Many Firsts in the Last Month!