The Niagara Falls, The Smurfs, The Portal...

The picture of Niagara falls in the head.. speaks a thousand words. Since drawing a picture is out of question, ( the strained efforts I will put in drawing will be equivalent to a helpless girl grappling against the mighty storm) I choose to deliver a thousand words instead.

I have always wanted to visit the Niagara (thanks to a Social Science teacher who'd traveled the world)- to take a ride in the Maid of the Mist- and the strength of the desire intensified when I watched The Smurfs the other day.

My wishlist is becoming a bucket list these days, really. Just the idea of ticking off each one is sufficient to get the adrenaline rushing.. ah, I digress.

So coming back, The Smurfs, those cute blue mythical creatures- who I wish really existed- who travel from their world to ours through a portal on a blue moon day, bring luck to the family which shelters them. The ending is cute- really no other word for it- and the Smurfs are so endearing. I don't like pets, but I still like the Smurfs. They don't exist, right? That's probably why.

The realistic engineer and the crazy fastasy lover in me are at war with each other, one laughing away at the idea of mythical creatures, and another being drawn to the endearing lot, their ways, their world..

I want the blue moon to come one day, I want the Smurfs to be real, I want the portal between worlds to exist- be it at a waterfall, or a blackhole- I want all of this! And I want the engineer in me to find a way to make all this happen, so that the engineer and the fantasical girl both are happy, because they're an integral part of me, they make me me..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gyaan about life in DSP class..

Of Phoenix Tears and Unicorn Blood..

Shedding Skin