A Year Since.. Performance Evaluation



June 30th,2012.

It’s been a year since I joined Huawei, and I look back at the year-gone-by, and as is tradition, see how different I am today from 30/06/2011. Progress reports were misleading in the sense we only needed to track our academic performance, and the time has come when no one’s going to hand me over a report card measuring pure academic performance. The time has come when I need to make my own assessment, and see where I stand.

I see what I’ve done, what I’ve let pass, how I have spent my time, the challenges faced, the defeated battles, the wars won, the maturity attained, the (disastrous number of) books read, the people I’ve met, the tits and bits I’ve learnt and what I’ve become, overall.

And what I see, not so surprisingly, is a changed person.

The old me wouldn’t have thought of investments (I used to dislike financial management, and now have to terms with the fact that money will slip through your fingers, if you aren’t careful), wouldn’t have thought of contributions to society. I definitely wouldn’t have thought of extracting outputs from the few talents that I have been gifted with, and a few others I have painfully developed and many other perceptions have changed.

I was rather disappointed yesterday, that I cannot measure to perfection, the amount I have learnt and the skills I have acquired over the last year. *Which is when a delightful idea struck me*

I have hence decided to maintain a daily activity report which will later be plotted as a graph of things done over the year, to show me my standing precisely, which can be compared to the previous year, year after year.

The only downside to this idea is I must take a few minutes out every day and dutifully fill up the report, which is a little difficult for me.

But as long as I remember the reason I’m doing this, I guess the motivation will last, and next year this time, I will be a more content person, with accurate data staring at me in the face. Such joy. :D

And I quite on purpose, have not covered how office has been over the past year, I think that deserves a separate post, as that isn't about performance evaluation.

Here’s to another beginning of sorts, to what this year sees me through!
My fella batch mates, seniors, juniors.. Good year to ya'all :)




Comments

  1. Can relate to it.
    Glad to read this.
    ...loved the line 'this motivation wud last n wud be a more confident person next year'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gyaan about life in DSP class..

Of Phoenix Tears and Unicorn Blood..

Shedding Skin