Another good day..

We were supposed to have a class trip on sat, coz we had sports day in coll, which meant no classes, and since we know that we can't bunk and go on a class trip, this seemed to be an ideal opportunity. As you must have already realized by my choice of wording, the trip didn't happen. I blame it on our inaneness.
A week before this or so, I'd already registered for the 8051 programming event in the MSRIT fest which was also scheduled on sat, coz I knew Koushik owed me this one.( I agreed to partner him for the 8051 event in Manthan in spite of me being informed on short notice-actually the night before the event)
Friday, 10.15p.m: A msg from the class rep-Very sorry to inform you that the trip has been postponed to next saturday..
We then decided to go to MSR, and see if fate would be a kind mistress.
Sat: We reach MSR, and the campus is huge. Well, if you happen to study in BIT, any other college campus will look huge I suppose. For about the entire stretch, Koushik was all praise for their campus-be it the ample parking space provided, or the greenery, or something else or the other... and wait, we'd reached the other end of the college, and we hadn't found the tech building yet!
All I remember seeing was a lot of oncology depts. and hospitals, and a few medical students-for some reason, I didn't find them as interesting as the students in kims! Oh yes, during the first yr and sophomore in coll, when our canteen was a place I just would not visit, kims juice centre was the only alternate option, and seeing those med students there always flickered an interest in us-about how their lives were gonna be, or how nice they looked with their coats, or some such silly things..(reminds me of kini coming back from the blood donation thinking DM was a med student!). *End of digression*
So, back to the point-we later on found out that the tech building was right at the opposite end-the point where we'd started from. Drat. 15 mins later, we were inside, watching the line follower-the arena they had looked more complicated than the one in my coll for line follower.. 8051 first round was not-so-great, and I think we just scraped thru to the final round.. The final round was fun, we actually spent the entire 1.5hrs designing and all that.. sadly the e-treasure hunt- this is one game which has successfully evaded me in the past yr in ALL the fests I attend-was over.. sigh.. when am I gonna play that?
We just finished the final round, and at the same time the rain gods decided it was a fine time to nourish the lush greens of MSR.. Shruti and Koushik were worried sick,and I somehow,was not. Enjoyed watching the rain, and that was when I found the campus to be beautiful. *beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder*
15 mins later we heard we'd won the first place, so being held up in the rain didn't seem so bad then..but that didn't alter the fact that the 3 of us were famished and all canteens in the campus were closed. Thanks to the rain, chaat was an open option..so we went to Sai ram chaats-after a small fiasco-you should try this place in malleshwaram, the chaats are different and yum! and left the place quite satisfied,and the evening that followed was one of the best in the past few months, coz Shruti was there, and she's this girl who gets what I say 'always'. Always enjoy her company, thanks to the zillion new things we come up with when we're discussing something! for eg: that parkinson's law( for the others-we have so many laws of our own, and we recently discovered tht one of our laws was actually better known to the world as Parkinson's law-we weren't very amused btw) Its more like I start a sentence, and look at her, and I know she's got it. I don't have to complete my sentence. And vice-versa. (And considering I'm a little complicated, I''m more than happy to stop my sentences midway than complete it, and then explain what I meant, which is what I usually do with most others.) We discussed, ranted, cribbed( there is a difference between ranting and cribbing btw), planned, and finally parted ways at majestic with a sense of real happiness and contentment.
Which takes me to another topic- Familiarity breeds contempt. Does it? I'll let you know what I think in my very next post. For now, its a big 'had fun with u on sat' wave to koushik and shru; and adieu to you amigos!

Comments

  1. Hey!! Didn't know you enjoyed so much with me that day... Now I feel that the 2hrs of joblessness and waiting outside till you both finished the final round was worth it! And let me correct you, it wasn't 1.5hrs, you took 2 hrs. The one who was waiting (me) knows better :-) You really owe me a big treat for this cos I've never waited for anyone that long!
    And about you being a little complicated, I really don't think that way. You seem to be really simple to me! I wonder why others don't understand you sometimes.. :-) Also, next time we come up with a law, we'll name it and start publicizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, then at some point or the other,somebody will tell us such a law already exists.. so long as we don't come across such a 'somebody', we'll live thinking its ours. *Ignorance is sometimes bliss*..oh ok, 2hrs, not 1.5. ok, first your treat or mine? pereption, lady- what is simple to u is not as simple to everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya we'd awesome fun :)MSR rocks e1 now i say they ve a fantastic campus......sairam chats was amazin tat too in tat rain it was lik findin oasis in desert thanks to ur frnd shru :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to get details on ur blog..(considerin we've not found time to talk bout it!) and hey tat sounds like a fun day!:) and wats more interestin is the mention of DM!! cheers u guys! i'm so proud of you-8051 gurus!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gyaan about life in DSP class..

The difference between "I can't " and "I won't "