Final year-the first over.
What has changed, and what remains unchanged..
First for the changes:
- We have only senior lecturers-surprisingly, all the junior lecturers who handled a few of the 7th sem subjects previously have been replaced, and we are glad.
- We have SEVEN hours theory in a day. 9-5, on two days of the week. Now, this is something I've never, like never done in my life before-attending 7 hrs theory. If you think 'final year' is supposed to be light, think again.
- Lab groups- CCN lab commences next week. ADC lab started this week. We had a good laugh after the lab, thanks to preksha's bag and overflow of creativity from Poornima, Mallika, Shruthi Rao and yours truly. My lab group has 1 new member-the remaining 3 of us continue.. and Sannan, for the first time is not gonna be in my group in either of the labs this sem-lets see how it turns out to be.
- The then freshers and the present 3rd sem guys occupy the adjacent classroom-and I'm trying to get used to having them around-it's like a foreign entity in your world(your subconscious)-if I may put it that way.
- We, the students-some whom I barely acknowledge, some who are acquainted, and then some others, whom I call friends-haven't changed- in a staggering way atleast.
- The classroom- We have classes in room no. 525, which we have religiously been using since 3rd sem. The term used for it-The practice of ritual. Attending classes in the same class might actually be good for you. Go figure. (Ok, I'll help you figure-Ronaldo ties his shoe lace in exactly the same way before he goes out to the field every single time. Swami Vivekananda got up at the same time everyday. Buddha meditated at the same place everyday before attaining enlightenment.You get the point)
- Our profs. Mr.N.C.A is back, and in full form!
Here's wishing all of you a great final year!